Avoid Financial & Estate Planning Mistakes
By Christina Bush, CES, CAS CMFC
Wealth Manager/Certified Estate and Trust Specialist
* Go to www.annualcreditreport.com or call 877-322-8228
* It typically costs around $9 to get your credit score.
* Be aware of 'shoulder surfing' (people watching you from a nearby location as you punch in your telephone calling card number or credit card number).
* Don't be a victim of 'dumpster diving'.
* Lock up your personal information at home, work, in your car, etc.
* Shred all old statements, credit cards, etc.
* Avoid putting your driver's license number on checks. This is not necessary and just gives theives more information to use against you.
* While traveling have your mail held at the post office or collected by a trustworthy person.
* Close accounts that you know or believe have been tampered with.
* When you open new accounts, use brand new pin numbers and passwords (avoid using your mother's maiden name, your birth date, the last 4 digits of your social security number, your phone number, or childrens' birthdays).
* File a police report and a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (877) ID-THEFT
* Don't respond to spam and avoid Phishing (responding to emails asking you to verify your personal information)
* $40 billion per year is lost to fraud in non-profits.
* Fraud is found in nearly 20% of 501(c)3 non-profit organizations.
* By law, the last 3 years of 990 tax returns are supposed to be available for public scrutiny as well as the past 2 years financial statements, which are supposed to list any salaries taken by board members or employees. If this information is missing it is a red flag.
* Be very cautious who you donate your hard-earned money to!
Get in Touch
Have a Question?
CB Wealth Advisory - Private Wealth Management
Securities offered through Securities America, Inc., Member FINRA.org and SIPC.org; Christina Bush, Registered Representative. Advisory services offered through Cooper McManus, an SEC Registered Investment Advisory firm; Christina Bush, Investment Advisor Representative. CB Wealth Advisory, Securities America and Cooper McManus are separate entities.
This site is published for residents of the United States and is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security or product that may be referenced herein. Persons mentioned on this website may only offer services and transact business and/or respond to inquiries in states or jurisdictions in which they have been properly registered or are exempt from registration. Not all products and services referenced on this site are available in every state, jurisdiction or from every person listed. Third party posts found on this profile do not reflect the views of Securities America and have not been reviewed by Securities America as to accuracy or completeness.
Christina Bush, licensed insurance agent: CA Insurance license #0B48734 - FL Insurance license #W050514 - NC Insurance license #2620839 - WA Insurance license # 787335
FINRA BROKER CHECK FINRA.org
A prospectus offer is required by SEC Rule 482(b)(1) that advises an investor to consider the investment objectives, risks and charges and expenses of an investment company carefully before investing; explains that the prospectus, and, if available, the summary prospectus contains this and other information about the investment company; identifies a source from which an investor may obtain a prospectus and, if available, a summary prospectus; and states that the prospectus and, if available, the summary prospectus should be read carefully before investing.
IMPORTANT CONSUMER INFORMATION
For information concerning the licensing status or disciplinary history of a BD, IA, BD agent, or IA rep, a consumer should contact his or her state securities law administrator.
Securities in accounts are carried by National Financial Services, LLC, member NYSE/SIPC, a Fidelity Investment Company, which is protected by the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) up to $500,000 (including cash claims limited to $100,000). NFS has arranged for additional insurance protection for cash and securities to supplement its' SIPC coverage. This additional protection covers total account net equity in excess of the $500,000/coverage provided by SIPC. This protection does not cover losses associated with investing.
For detailed information about SIPC, please visit SIPC.org.
ALL PHOTOS BY CHRISTINA BUSH
Copyright 2019 by Christina Bush/CB Wealth Advisory